Educating All Children
I believe that educating all children means making classrooms and learning environments more then just inclusive, but the epitome of welcoming and warm. I myself as a child was always nervous when I would walk into my classroom on the first day of school. That could be 3rd, 4th, even 11th grade, it was always the same feeling. Creating that certain factor in a classroom that lets children drop their worries at the door and come in not even necessarily wanting to learn, but to enjoy their day is my goal and what I will make happen. Something that I never had to deal with but have watched so many young children have to deal with whether that be in the classes that I was a student in or when I was a student in the "Ready, Set, Teach!" program through Cy-Fair high school actively participating in the classroom with a teacher was children with learning disabilities. I have watched amazing teachers help students with disabilities make their classroom feel like a home away from home for these students, and have unfortunately watched teachers not make the best accommodations for students that need and deserve a little extra help here and there. I at the end of the day feel fortunate that I have had the opportunity to watch teachers who have fell short in their duties to students because I know exactly what not to do now. I strongly believe that a classroom shouldn't feel like a classroom, and learning shouldn't feel like learning. Inclusivity and welcoming are hallmark trades that I will bring to my classroom in the future.
Comments
Post a Comment